Wednesday, January 29, 2014

YOU MAKE ME SMILE

Good morning stampers!! Whew! I know it has been awhile since I last posted and I am sorry about that but I was battling the worst flu ever and then I went out of town for a few days only to come home to sickies in the house! However, everyone is healthy and back and work and school again so I am finally able to get back to my crafty place and stamp!!

Today I used a really fun set called Polka-Dot pieces, which has quickly become one of my favorite stamp sets to play with! I love that the images can be punched out and it is soooo versatile! I started with a base of Coastal Cabana card stock, which I layered with Eastern Elegance Designer Series Paper. I then took my 1 3/4 inch Circle punch and punched a hold through both front layers to the inside. I stamped the small flower in Wisteria Wonder ink and then again in So Saffron ink, and, using my 7/8 inch Scalloped Circle punch, and my 1/2 inch circle punch, punched both pieces out and popped them up on dimensionals on the inside of the card. It's a fun little technique that adds a little zing to your card - I love how it looks! The main image is stamped on Whisper White card stock. I used the large flower and the smaller flower, and they are stamped in So Saffron and Wisteria Wonder inks, punched out with my scallop punches, and popped up on dimensionals. I added a vintage faceted button to the center. The sentiment for this set is what I used as the stem and I stamped it in Coastal Cabana ink. The image is backed in So Saffron card stock, and then another piece of Eastern Elegance Designer Series Paper.  I used some Natural Trim ribbon and added some pretty Basic Pearls to finish up. This is a simple but very pretty card, and I had fun making it! If you like any of the items you see here, you can purchase them in my online store!

I will be back tomorrow with another fun project I have been working on that I can't wait to share! Until then, stay warm, and stamp :-)

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

2 comments:

  1. this is beautiful. fabulous colors and I just love the entire layout! hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this one. Totally caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete